Personal Lines Process Standardization
The Retail division of this large, dedicated Insurance Agency, with over 300 store-front locations, over 400 dedicated agents and multiple brands, needed assistance with institutionalizing a standard process for ensuring their current book of business achieved maximum retention throughout the life of the policies. The client desired to accomplish this through retention and renewal strategies to ensure payment of premium at mid-term and at expiration.
Himes Consulting Group was engaged to create a consistent and measurable process for improving retention and institutionalizing this process within the organization.
- Conducted detailed analysis by brand, state, and carrier as input into developing and implementing
a detailed mid-term renewal process and an end-of-term retention process
- Leveraged existing, but unused technology tools to streamline retention process and provide
individual agent work queues
- Implemented a centralized solution for conducting mid-term follow-up calls along with support
- Created detailed procedures for all processes
- Conducted training for both the centralized payment processing and the decentralized renewal
retention strategy for over 300 retail agents
- Created and reported on daily and weekly metrics
- Increased contact with the customer without an increase in staff
- Improved the renewal retention on an average of 15%
- Maximized the utilization of existing technologies without incurring additional IT spend
Implemented an Integrated Process, People and Technology Solution for a $300M Provider of Non-Standard Auto Insurance
Let's Work Together
At Himes Consulting Group, we don’t believe we have all the answers. We know that the right solutions to improve your business come from conversation and collaboration. We have the experience to learn your business and partner with you to create process redesign programs that fit your team.